Image Source | wikimedia
Natural home remedies for sore throat Tonsillitis that work fast
Sore throats or throat infection are very common and normally no worries about that they get better on their own within a week. Sore Throat or tonsillitis is an inflammation of the pharyngeal tonsils and this infection is caused due to either by viruses or bacteria. It is formed due to common cold and later forms runny nose, sneezing and pain in body.
Causes of throat infection
There are so many causes of sore throat or throat infection but the main reason behind delay in cure is that the viruses do not respond to antibiotics and can only be destroyed when the body creates antibodies. This is mostly caused by a throat infection.The causes of sore throats range from inflammation to injury. Here are eight of the most common causes of a sore throat.
- Colds, the flu, and other viral infections.
- Dry air
- Strep throat and other bacterial infections
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- Smoke, chemicals, and other irritants
Symptom of sore throat
The only symptom could be soreness inside the mouth. And you might also have :
- A scoundrel voice.
- Slight cough.
- Temperatures high (fever).
- A dull headache.
- Feeling like you want to be sick (nausea).
- Glands that swell in your neck
- Down with coughing.
. Home Remedies for Sore throat or Tonsillitis are effective in case of sore throat which is related with cold or running nose. Go through the remedies below:
- House must be humidified in order to cure sore throat and you must drink water in every two hours. It is better if you take a glass of hot water and add 1 lemon juice and few drops of honey.
- You can drink chamomile tea with honey and lemon.
- Gargle with tamarind water with salt water in morning and evening.
- Prepare a tea made out of peppermint, elder flowers to reduce the uneasiness due to sore throat.
- Licorice is best herbal remedy for tonsillitis because it has the relaxing property. Consume tea made from licorice roots thrice a day for 6 weeks to bring back the immunity.
- Garlic which has the anti-septic property will heal the sore throat. Eat garlic every day to avoid any kind of pain and aches.
- Tea made of chives and scallions will be helpful for a sore throat. Boil the items in water for not more than 5 minutes.
- Include figs and beets in your diet to get beneficial for sore throat.
- Sweet violet flower is perfect herb to treat tonsillitis. Boil the flowers in 50 Milliliter of milk and reduce it to 1/3 and then strain the milk. Mix this flower milk into 80 Milliliter of milk and drink. This will definitely give you relief.
You can take any pain killer for pain relief and keep everything hygiene around you, so that the bacteria and viruses don’t attack you again. If it becomes sever and prolonged then visit doctor. In case of blood discharge in saliva, lump in neck or fever over 101 Fahrenheit then also visit doctor, so that it won’t go worse more.